Have you ever noticed in movies/stories/novels in every sad
story there is a breaking point… a point where everything is so bad that it
just couldn’t get worse. And then slowly but surely things start turning around
they start getting better somehow. Something like it’s the darkest before the
dawn! Well… my life for the past two years has been a series of events like
that…except there is no dawn… just a series of unfortunate events. A couple of
months back I was driving, stressed and overwhelmed I finally broke down and I
started crying… I kept driving for ten hours straight bawling… crying my eyes
out (yes it’s a miracle I didn’t meet with an accident and die). At the end of
it all was this uncanny peace for a moment… this moment of clarity that made me
feel like I am finally there… my prayers will be answered I will be alright.
Nothing changed, infact I experienced new levels of hell I did not even know
existed (ok that is an exaggeration…. It wasn’t that pitiful… but things are
not good either). Throughout this time of my life the phrase I have heard the most
is ‘you’ve got to believe’. I have been asked to believe in myself and believe
in God or the power of universe… I hate to believe. Trust me, that is no easy
feat!!
To back up a little most of the people around me have been
blessed with faith, the reason I call it a blessing is because I have seen its
benefits or may be because I somehow miss it. I have had my own equation with
God… to me God is my protector, merciful and loving, somewhat like a strict
parent who might scold you or punish you but would never let you down. Like everyone
else I prayed, but I had a thing every time I sat down to pray I would forget
what I wanted to ask for… I would just say my prayers and be done… and later realize
I had a request! I never got anything easy, if an average person can get a
certain result but putting in 60% effort for the same result I would have to
put 100% and then some… it never bothered me… I felt like I have to work hard
and if I want something I will work for it. Things began to change last year… I
was going through a bad time (debt, hunting for jobs, graduation being
postponed endlessly, accident…. I guess all graduating students go through it I
am told)…. And at that time I sat down and I prayed… I prayed like never before…
I did not ask for money or job or anything else… I figured I know I have to
work hard and I will! I will keep working hard till I don’t get a good job and
become debt free and all that!! I prayed for something that I could not work
for… I needed and still need God’s help with something completely out of my
control… if there was a way I could work hard and change myself to solve that
problem I would… but it is not so!! It is at this time I felt like God is not
listening… May be I am being punished for something, but wasn’t God supposed to
be forgiving, I am no saint but I am good person praying for forgiveness… or maybe
it’s not His will… if His will can change for worse if I do something wrong, His
will should change even when I do something right………throughout these awful
months of my life, I never asked God to make my life easier… all I asked for
was help with something out of my control! Atheists mock me for believing that
there is a God and that He would work His magic… Believers say I can’t have a
wish… and some kind people say god works in mysterious ways and one day my wish
will come true…… I do not know who is right…. All I know is there is a pain and
sense of abandonment that’s hard to explain… Its not that there isn’t a chance
of my wish coming true… but with each passing day the chances of it happening
reduce… it’s like dying a little every day!

No comments:
Post a Comment